Grant Thornton LLP IT Program Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects. . Note: This role is located in College Park, MD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * The program management function provides IT project management expertise by applying skills, tools, knowledge, and resources to support project requirements across all business units. * The Project Manager is responsible for managing resources and risks throughout the project life cycle to deliver the project’s system(s), product(s), and outcome(s) within the defined project constraints (scope, schedule, and budget) and at the required level of performance. * The project life cycle encompasses the series of phases necessary to complete the project and deliver the system, service, or product. * The process groups in a typical project life cycle are: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing. * Project management activities take place within the broader development environment within Client Information Services organization, which define how the product or service is delivered. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Eight (8) years or more of relevant hands-on experience in a program management role on programs of a size and scope that is similar to this Task Order.
- Experience managing teams of 5 or more contracting staff.
- PMP-certified with an active certification.
- Strong communication skills (speak and write fluent English) and experience interacting with senior leaders within an organization.
- Strong skills in the following key areas: strategic thinking, multi-tasking, conflict management, time management, planning and executing a defined plan.
- Hands-on experience creating monthly dashboards and reports like the ones outlined in this Task Order.
- Significant experience managing an IT contract for a Federal agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: IT Program Manager
Requisition ID: 040274