Visionworks Optometrist in Baltimore, Maryland
Create exceptional value in the lives of our patients/customers by delivering the highest quality Optometric care. This includes providing excellent patient service including clinical diagnosis, treatment and management of visual and ocular disorders and diseases. Uncovering patient visual needs and prescribing to meet/exceed those needs. Achieve/exceed expectations regarding Quality Assurance standards, business metrics and associate management guidelines. Understands and embodies company Values and adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Examines eyes and performs various tests to diagnose, treat, manage and prevent diseases and disorders of the eye and visual system.
- Prescribes eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids to correct or conserve vision.
- Educates the patient and recommends lens options to correct or enhance visual needs.
- Consults with and refers patients to an Ophthalmologist or other health care practitioner if additional medical treatment is determined necessary.
- Evaluates visual display terminal needs.
- Supervises apprentice opticians and other associates while on apprentice permit.
- Assists the office management in determining office needs.
- Additional responsibilities as identified based on business needs.
- Participates in the store and organizational goals.
- Assist general manager as needed in the overall leadership and management of the office.
- Manages the quality assurance protocols/guidelines set forth by the QA Committee and ensures adherence within the store.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
- Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
- As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned up to and including working a flexible schedule.
Graduate of Accredited School of OptometryState License to Practice Optometry
DPA (Diagnostic Pharmaceutical Agents) certified
TPA (Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents) certified
Experience & Background:
Capable of examining a number of patients based on scheduled appointment requirements.
Well versed in diagnostic evaluation.
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position._
*Visionworks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law. *
Job Requisition ID: JR25756
Job Title: Optometrist
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 445 Baltimore, MD
Post Date: 04/16/2018